WHY DO YOU NEED A DOULA?
A birth or postpartum doula is there to guide you in making the best decisions for you and your family based on the most up-to-date research and recommendations. You can feel confident that your birth and parenting choices are based on a combination of academic evidence, honest discussion, and maternal instincts.
Birth followed with 4th trimester is hard. A doula can help ease the powerful transition from pregnancy to new motherhood by lending a non-judgmental ear and open heart.
Postpartum doulas mother the new mother. Almost every new mom wants to stay home for a while with her little one and not worry about dishes, laundry, etc. As your Postpartum Doula, I will come to your house and provide help wherever needed. For example:
- Establishing and maintaining feeding whether this is by breast or bottle
- Offer companionship and nonjudgmental support during the postpartum trimester (and beyond when needed)
- Encourage skin to skin contact between baby and parents
- Help mothers cope with the new baby and their care such as changing, bathing and routines
- Assist with family adjustment, meal preparation and light household tidying, as well as sibling care
- Guide parents on soothing baby techniques
- Make referrals to additional support agencies, (lactation consultant, pediatrician, and support groups).
- Answer questions and suggest resources for your own recovery
- Help you get some SLEEP!
- 24/7 unlimited text and email support